Tax Tips

We have 2 tip(s) under the heading WorkingAbroad.

Expenses - If you are employed and are required to work abroad, try to ensure that your employer meets the cost of overseas board and lodgings. This way any taxable benefit can be offset by an expenses claim. If you bear the cost yourself you will not be able to claim tax relief.

Liability to UK tax - If you working full time abroad and all of your duties are performed abroad spanning at least a complete tax year you will not be liable to UK tax on this income providing your visits to the UK do not exceed 183 days in ANY tax year AND average less than 91 days a tax year.


Keep up to date with tax news that affects you.

Sign Up


Read more

The Guardian News Article

How to find an accountant to do your tax return

Learn More

We work with

subscribe to our newsletter